Sunday, February 24, 2013

Publishing Web differences between Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012

I recently switched over from developing my Web Applications using Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2012 and was trying to publish one of my ASP.NET MVC Web Applications using Visual Studio 2012 and I came across this dialog:


This dialog was COMPLETELY different from the dialog I used to see in Visual Studio 2010!!


In Visual Studio 2010, I had the option to also select from a variety of choices for publishing as well as the ability to create new Publishing profiles directly from within the IDE:


Needless to say, I still have not figured out how to create a Publishing profile in Visual Studio 2012 similar to how I was previously able to do so using Visual Studio 2010.

If you are like me and want the capabilities of the Visual Studio 2010 IDE available in Visual Studio 2012, please vote for this Visual Studio UserVoice feedback item:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/3687139-provide-a-publish-web-dialog-similar-to-visual-stu

No comments:

Post a Comment