Tuesday, February 25, 2014

SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflows not sending e-mail messages

I was recently designing and testing a SharePoint 2013 Workflow in SharePoint Designer and I was practically trying to pull out my hair trying to figure out why the workflow would never send out e-mail messages!!

When I went into the Workflow, I would constantly see that the workflow would go into a "Suspended" state.  I could see that workflow was executing by the numerous "Log to History" messages I wrote out into the Workflow History list.  However, as soon as I got to the e-mail action in the workflow, the workflow would then seemingly stop.

When I clicked on the informational icon next to the workflow status, I saw the following very confusing error message:


As you can guess, I checked everything in my User Profile service and even manually populated the Work e-mail properties for all of my imported users (under Manage User Profiles in Central Administration).  But, still no luck!!

Well, then I remembered this article that I wrote a long time ago: http://samirvaidya.blogspot.com/2011/03/mcafee-virusscan-can-block-sending-of-e.html

So, I decided to go ahead and check my Mcafee VirusScan settings:


Sure enough, those settings were never turned off!

Once I unchecked these two settings, I was finally able to receive e-mail messages from my SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflows!!  Whew....

No comments:

Post a Comment