Monday, July 7, 2014

Building a solution using outdated Infragistics controls

If you have ever worked the Infragistics control suite, you probably already know that Infragistics ships with a licenses.licx file that is required for Visual Studio Designer support.

Unfortunately, if your development team does not regularly keep up-to-date with each Infragistics control suite release, then you may end up with outdated controls that are no longer compliant with the most recent release of Visual Studio.

In my case, I was working on a project that used Infragistics controls for Visual Studio 2010 but had recently upgraded the IDE to Visual Studio 2013.

Part of the project plan included a task for upgrading the Infragistics control suite to the latest version so that there would be support for Visual Studio 2013.  Of course, while I was attempting to compile the solution, I encountered a build problem that prevented me from building the solution.

Fortunately, I found an article that stated that I could simply remove all of the content from the licenses.licx file to allow me to build once again.

Therefore, I blanked out the licenses.licx file and I could build my solution using the outdated Infragistics controls in Visual Studio 2013!!  Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment