Monday, June 22, 2015

Unable to process Put message

I recently set up a brand new installation of SharePoint 2013 using AutoSPInstaller when I discovered that my User Profile Synchronization Service was NOT WORKING!

When I tried to update my Synchronization Connection, I got the following error message:





No matter what I tried, I could not get the User Profile Synchronization Service working again!

Well, fortunately, I found this article: http://www.techtask.com/sharepoint/setup/user-profile-synchronization-unable-to-process-put-message/

As it turns out, AutoSPInstaller automatically created the Synchronization Connection name with a length of more than 15 characters.

Unfortunately, you CANNOT rename a Synchronization Connection once it is created, so I was forced to delete and recreate it with a shorter length name.

Of course, as you can probably already guess, once I did that, I was able to successfully synchronize my User Profiles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment