Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Unable to install Windows 10 on an SSD

I recently replaced my old SATA hard drive which just failed with a brand new SSD and when I attempted to install Windows 10 on my new SSD Hard Drive, I encountered the following error message:

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.  For more information, see the Setup log files."

I found this Microsoft article which mentions the same exact issue: http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/archive/2012/03/06/error-quot-we-couldn-t-create-a-new-partition-or-locate-an-existing-one-for-more-information-see-the-setup-log-files-quot-when-you-try-to-install-windows-8-cp.aspx 

However, when I followed the outlined instructions, it made no difference whatsoever!

Well, as it turns out I was installing Windows 10 from USB media and the installation did not seem to recognize that!

As soon as I switched to DVD media, the installation proceeded smoothly!!






No comments:

Post a Comment