Monday, February 22, 2016

We can't sign you in using Visual Studio Online

I was recently attempting to connect to Visual Studio Online on a brand new development server that I built when I kept on getting incessant unauthorized error messages.

Well, I went into the "Register Product" menu and attempted to add a Microsoft account:



When I clicked on "Add an account" to attempt to add my Microsoft account, I got the following error message:


Once I saw this error message, I decided to check out my cookie settings in Internet Explorer and sure enough, I found this!


I lowered the cookie security and also added visualstudio.com to my list of Trusted Sites:




Finally, when I attempted to log into Visual Studio Online once more, I could successfully get into the system!


No comments:

Post a Comment